- University of Arizona, PhD, Latin American History (2015)
- University of Arizona, MA, Latin American History (2009)
- Fort Lewis College, BA, U.S. History (2004)
(Still under construction--I've done a lot of things in life. Please be patient while I update everything.)
Merida Collective Writing Project, LLC
- Provide academic editing, online writing classes, and writing coaching services
- Managed professional blog, social media, marketing and outreach efforts
- Provide Spanish/English translation for Spanish-speaking scholars
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
Collaborated with local mental health providers in Puerto Rico to provide disaster mental health services to people affected by Hurricane Maria
Assessed mental health needs and crises, provided respite child care, information, and mental health resources to disaster survivors
Victim Outreach Incorporated
- Provided information, education, support, and resources to crime victims in diverse setting, including on-scene, courtrooms, hospitals, homes, and police departments in both English and Spanish. Advised victims of their legal rights under Victim Rights Act.
- Maintained database of services and generated reporting parameters for granting foundations and federal agencies
- Participated in interagency emergency disaster and crisis training exercises.
University of Arizona
Researcher and Educator
Conducted independent research in U.S. and Latin American archives; managed and analyzed over 300 documents to complete multi-year, qualitative research project
Designed, managed, and taught Latin American history classes to undergraduates. Designed syllabi, assignments and exams, performed all assessments. Met with students regularly to discuss progress, learning outcomes, and address questions.
Eagle Care Clinic, Vail Valley Medical Center
- Assisted patients with intake paperwork, medical histories, and other forms at bi-lingual English/Spanish hospital medical clinic for uninsured and underinsured patients.
- Answered patient phone calls, scheduled appointments for medical providers, filed patient records and charts.
U.S. Peace Corps(Guatemala)
Agricultural Extension Volunteer
Managed, organized, and supported a multi-year collaborative agricultural development project between local Maya women’s groups and local and international non-profits
Provided technical support to project participants, including trainings, workshops, and informal educational sessions designed to increase awareness of childhood nutrition and health